Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Way to brand your Vodka?



I've come to feel like some companies have no strategy behind what they do these days. This attempt is (in my opinion) taking advantage of social media because they either a) have the "everybody's doing it" mentality, or b) are doing social media for the sake of doing social media.

Then again, this is alcohol so it's a totally different game. Say you become a fan of Three Olives on Facebook. What kind of updates are they going to send you? This sweepstakes, new flavors and "Please drink responsibly" notices? I've been on Facebook for over 5 years and seen a hundreds of changes across the site from layouts, to applications to making it easier for marketers to reach the right piece of the audience. People have joined groups (which I see as NO different to fan pages now) about drinking, or being drunk in general. I'll admit I was in some in college, but I've moved on from that. I don't feel comfortable becoming a fan of alcohol in the public realm of the internet. If you do, what does that say about you?

No comments: