Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mail Goggles

I don't mind being an adamant Google fan, simply because they are one of the few organizations that not only does great work, but does fun work. Mail Goggles is one such example of Google implementing a functional, and fun, idea into their existing product.

The concept of Mail Goggles is mind-numblying simplistic: you can set your GMail account to give you a small test to see if you are 'awake enough' (as Google puts it) to send out an e-mail. After answering a few simple math questions, your letter will be sent. If, however, you have pounded back one too many, you'll be rather out of luck.
Don't worry if you hate the idea of always having to prove your sobriety when you send an e-mail: you can set Mail Goggle to activate on certain days at a specific time period.

Off the top of my head I can think of a few people who should this installed. Not me, of course. I never send drunken e-mails. (Except for two weeks ago -- however the bar had a computer in it! What am I supposed to do?)

4 comments:

Sean said...

I've been saying Facebook needs to do this for awhile...and online poker and sports betting sites...

and yes, I'm speaking from personal experience...

figures google would finally come up w/ it...its much easier than putting a breathalyzer on your computer...though not as failsafe...i mean, just like my knowledge/use of foreign languages, my math gets better the more i drink

Mel Doug said...

How about my drunken email about your ad society presentation...

must be in my unaccessable webmail... oh well.

Sean said...

yeah, how has bernie not put a "no-alcohol" policy on email yet?

Karina said...

I love it! I've been saying someone needs to invent this for texting for a while now. Yayyy google.