Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Blast from the Past

If anyone has ever watched The Office with me, they know that my favorite scene of all time is :

I don't have a ton of contact with the Scranton branch, but before I left I took a box of Dwight's stationary. So, from time to time I send Dwight faxes. From himself. From the future.

'Dwight, at eight a.m. today, someone poisons the coffee. Do not drink the coffee. More instructions will follow. Cordially, future Dwight.'

While it would be awesome to get a fax/letter/e-mail from the future, what about getting an e-mail from the past. That is exactly what happened to me today and I had to share.

This exact date last year, it was the last week of my internship at Madison Square Garden. I was thinking and feeling a lot and had a lot of hopes for myself in the year to come. My dad suggested that I write myself a letter and open it again in one year. I thought, Dad that is so lame. But, later that day I was bored and found this Web site -

http://www.emailcapsules.com

So this is basically my Dad's idea for this generation. You can write yourself an e-mail and it can be sent to the e-mail address you put in at any time. One week, 6 months, 5 years, or in my case 1 year.

Well of course I totally forgot I did this until a few minutes ago when I got the e-mail.

Dear Future Version of Me,
Today is the last day of my internship at Madison Square Garden. I had an absolutely great summer and I am so thankful for all of the experience I gained.

Some other highlights from my "past" self :
- I also hope the gators had a great football season
- I also hope that as I read this I am happily employed at my Dream job...and dont forget how badly you want your MBA!!!
- Lastly, I hope I am not fat and I have tickets to a Florida football game in the Swamp soon

Reading my thoughts from last year has given me an incredibly interesting persepctive. We are all going through really exciting transitions now and I thought you might like to write an e-mail to yourself talking about your first couple of weeks at your new job or whatever and then get it in a year or two. It is really a wild thing!

No comments: