Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mudslinging + Hot, Trashy Girls = ...Politics?

Yeah, I thought it would be something a lot more fun, too. But then again, political advertising CAN be fun. As a former polisci major, and someone who did his project on political advertising in his advertising ethics class, political ads have always interested me. Most aren't fun, but I wanted to show that they can be.

I haven't made up my mind yet for the president (there's still some debates and such this fall, not to mention nastier and nastier advertising campaigns full of mudslinging), but I wanted to share this video. If she won, I think she might put up a decent fight against Merkel or even Thatcher for best looking president/prime minister, though Thatcher would clearly take the cake on trashiest.





More in funny political ads:


This is pretty funny: The 10 Funniest 2004 campaign ads

This ran earlier this year, before he got 0% of the vote. Yes, this is real.



And a "classic" from the mid-term elections a couple years ago:

4 comments:

Corwin said...

I don't get it. There's nothing funny about it. Great, Paris Hilton is still playing up the angle that she is babbling idiot, it’s tired and annoying. I'm still baffled that her ridiculous TV series lasted for so long.

What does this uncover? That the best job to do whatever the fuck you want is political PR advisor. These guys are the ones laughing, all the way to the bank.

It does uncover one thing, money doesn't buy happiness. However, it does buy a sleep aid addiction, therapy, a Ferrari (or two) and the occasional jail time.

Mel Doug said...

Angry much Corwin?

The spot was well written, I'll give it that.

It doesn't mean ANYTHING to ANYONE, and when I say anyone, I mean any well-informed voters and politicans.

It is not meant to inform, or uncover, it is meant to poke fun. Mission accomplished Hollywood. Don't quit your day job.

Corwin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corwin said...

I said something along those lines to Sean.

Okay I get it, if she gets it anyone can get it, ha ha ha(The idiot angle). What people are really thinking, like you, "Oh look, shes gotten much better at reading a script" However, I'd much prefer to see her killed in awful horror movie about a wax museum.