Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Greetings from Miki, Hyogo

Well, it has been a long, long weekend. I moved into my own place Friday to find it already fully furnished (sweet) and infested with giant roached (err...). As of today I have sent four roaches to hell, with the intend of next hunting down the one that fell into my hair last night.

I know it sounds very negative, but I'm having fun here.

Kind of.

I'll admit that this weekend was one of the hardest weekends of my life. I was sent into hysterical crying spells at the smallest things:watching a special about New York, hearing "You've Got a Friend In Me", smelling my Dad's collgune in a store. Hell, even getting rickrolled at a train station caused my lip to quiver.

When you have no internet and only seven channels on your tv it gives you a lot of time to think...and that isn't good. I wondered if I could do this -- really do this. Sure I can speak Japanese and I can prolly teach a decent enough lesson, but could I make friends and abate boredom for the next 360 days (oh yes, I was counting the days a lot during my depressing weekend).

As of right now, I have no answer. I managed to do some really cool things the last few days (get drunk in Tokyo, get a new cell phone, open up my own Japanese bank account), and my house is quite nice (besides my house being some kind of 'Joe's Apartment' homage). The other day I took a train ride around the country side and saw some beautiful sights -- mountains covered in clouds, vallies, monks leading a prayer up a mountain.

Who knows where the future will take me, but I know this: life with basic cable and no internet is really hard.

2 comments:

Corwin said...

What the hell did you do with the Lauren I know? You know the best advice I ever got?

"Don't fuck it up"

Its how I made it through college.

Your amazingly talented... you'll do just fine

P.S. Internet and TV are overrated. R-E-A-D-A-B-O-O-K

burchie said...

ily.