Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

StarSearch, Wizards Style

Ok, I first read this here. I promise there are no Rick Rolls in this post. Read the first post on top. Or if you're getting to this late, it's the post from Feb 2. It quotes something from E! Spoiler Chat (you have to scroll down a ways to find it). Anyway, for those of you who don't click links for fear of RickRoll:

Mel in Columbia, Mo.: I'm so glad they started the Super Bowl ep of The Office with a heavy dose of Dwight. He is awesome. Any scoop on what's to come with our fave lovelorn beet farmer?

I hear The Office is now casting for Corwin, a friend of Dwight's who is "kind of weird." He'll work with Michael and Dwight and deliver a few lines in a gruff, serious manner. We can only hope this means another trip to Schrute Farms!




So now the tough question: Who should get to play Corwin? Who do you think would be best at it? I'll start the discussion by posting a few of my thoughts. Please include pictures and an explanation why this person should play him. Remember, must be able to play "kind of weird" and deliver lines in a gruff, serious manner.

1) Keanu Reeves


He was the first person that came to mind for me. But he has to have the longer hair. Acting-wise: Think Neo. Whoa. No emotion. Gruff, serious. The longer hair could make him seem more weird.

2) Pauly Shore


The Office is a comedy, so Pauly would be right at home. Except it's a really good comedy, so maybe he'll be a little out of place. But damn he can play weird. Gruff and serious might be a stretch, but come on, I can definitely see him playing a friend of Dwight's.

3) Rainn Wilson


Who else would Dwight pick as a friend? Come on. If the AT&T spots can have two of the same guy on screen at once (they're not twins, Nicole), then the Office can do it! Plus, he can definitely play weird, and deliver gruff/serious lines yet make them funny.

4)Jason Lee


I can definitely see him playing "kind of weird" and delivering gruff/serious lines. And hell, he's already in one NBC show. Shouldn't be tough to get him in another.

5)Emile Hirsch


He played semi-socially awkward in Girl Next Door, and then someone that can definitely be a Corwin in Into the Wild. And for some reason, I just see it going over really well.

6)Kevin Corrigan


I really only remember him as that weird crazy uncle from Grounded for Life. And I think he also had a role in Superbad. But damn, the looks are pretty spot on. He could definitely play Dwight's friend Corwin.

7) Yao Ming


There's precedent for this. I can see him delivering these lines perfectly. Michael Jordan acted before. So did Shaq. Why can't Yao? He did have that Garmin spot before. His delivery was brilliant.

8) Tay Zonday



Why not?


Ok, I was much more serious about the first 6. Please, comment all you want with your own ideas for who should play Corwin on The Office. Maybe we'll vote, or have a bracket-style contest or something. Maybe something like what AdFreak did with its freakiest ads. We'll see. But please, don't hold back. That's what she said.

By the way, I lied. I'm sorry.

1 comment:

Mel Doug said...

I vote for Rainn. Or a morphed version. Yeah a mutant version of Dwight, so he could fight with him.

I'll assemble my picks later.