Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Monday, May 19, 2008

My Two Weeks Notice...

Dear Unemployment,

It is with great excitement that I write to tell you that I will officially be ending my time with you. Consider this my two weeks notice. After that, I will no longer be unemployed - I will be working at BBDO on the Gillette account. I thought I should let you know I faxed in my signed offer letter today. There's just a lot more opportunity for me at a place like that, and the pay is better.

So yes, I am moving on. The moving truck is coming tomorrow to take all of my stuff to New York. I will be following a few days after.

To be honest, there were a few times I enjoyed being in your company. I will miss the ability to suddenly take a trip to the lake or the beach. Late nights filled with alcohol and debauchery will become a much more rare occurrence (as will the awful hangovers!).

But now the time has come for us to part ways. And to be quite frank, I hope we never cross paths again. I wish you the best, but Unemployment is just not right for me anymore. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding someone to replace me.

Take care,
Sean Solomon

P.S. I apologize in advance for anyone else I convince to leave your ranks. Hope you understand.

3 comments:

Mel Doug said...

My Dearest Sean,

You will be greatly missed. We did have a lot of great times on your couch, in your bed, and even out of town ;) Although, there were times when you spent too much time with that Dr. Sutherland guy...

But I understand your need to move on. You are much more mature now than you ever were while we were together, and you will probably be better off with out me. But maybe down the road... I could move to New York and we could meet up again? I will have the entertainment and booze ready for you.

So farewell my friend and I wish you all the luck in the world with your new endeavor (you bastard).

Your former love,
Unemployment

Linny said...

I would think gaining a job would greatly increase alcohol consumption.

Nancy said...

I want a job!