Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

You've been assassinated by Awesome...

Hey y'all (my new greeting even though I'm hispanic), I'm the admin with most PG (post-Gainesville) experience but that doesn't mean I've grown up, especially where I'm going to school now. I've been attending Miami Ad School of the last six weeks. MAS is supposed to be one of the best, if not the best, portfolio schools in the world and let me tell you it lives up to its billing. Some of the stuff that comes out of that place is pretty incredible. The people are also awesome and we can drink in class, which helps a lot in class by making brainstorming easier and also helping you get through 3 hour blocks. Even though right now I'm taking some of the basic classes like InDesign and Design/Layout, I'm still learning a lot. My favorite work right now is work I'm doing out of class for the Future Lions contest. If (when) I win I'll be flown to Cannes, France to accept an action figure that looks like an anime lion cub. I don't want to go to France though because, you know, there's french people there (FREEDOM FRIES!!!) so I might send a stand-in even though I think he might be a little too skinny...and a little too asian. Ok...now to tell you what I've spent the vast majority of my time doing: playing HALO 3 multi-player battles. If I had known how seriously this was taken at MAS I wouldn't have slacked off the entire Fall semester and actually let Sean teach me how to kill others successfully. I am proud to say that I'm now getting double-digit kills in almost every battle and I've even won a few (though not against the best MAS players). Oh and my username is "awesome" so whenever anybody comes up and asks who's awesome I can point to myself and yell "I'm Awesome!" Well, now I have to go to sleep because this post is going to become incoherent if I continue without sleep though I'll post again soon because it's actually pretty fun. 

PS: Let's give Sean a rousing hand of applause for the great art work

No comments: