Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Attack of the Clones!

This past week at work has been my own new episode to add on the the Star Wars saga. I always considered myself a star wars semi-fan. I mean I have a younger brother and I enjoyed seeing the movies with Jason (brother) and my Dad. I think its cool the way the episodes came out and how much there is to the story. But my knowledge for Star Wars has increased ten-fold during the past week and it took over my life so drastically that I had to share it with you.

For all of you non-star wars fans, Episode II was called attack of the clones and there is a big fight scene in it. Then in Episode III, based of that fight scene the shit hits the fan and everyone goes to the dark side and all the jedi knights die and it is terrible and horrible. Apparently, a lot of shit went down in between Episode II and Episode III that George Lucas decided to do us all a favor and fill in that gap. Thanks Georgie!! His fill in will be an animated series called Clone Wars. It will have a limited release in theaters and then be broken down into episodes for, our client, Cartoon Network.

For Cartoon Network this is huge. We are going after the bulk of their business. It used to be that the sporty boys picked on the star wars boys, but if I have anything to do with it, they will now be the same person. We really wanted to WOW Cartoon Network with our proposal, so we had a series of brainstorming sessions this week. Hence, the clones attacked my life.

I'm still the new kid so I wanted to do my research and come in with some ideas. I read one wikipedia article. ONE. Everyone in my department thought I was some Star Wars freak and liked what I came up with and wanted to see even more. So, more research. I know every character. I know what they look like, what color LIGHTSABER ( i ALWAYS thought it was lightsaver) they use. I even stumbled across the time date and location of the star wars convention. After this week...I might have to make an appearance!

1 comment:

Karina said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UkTQwP2gFxU

You have to watch this!