Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Little Lunchtime Blogging

While I enjoy working so much, I seem to find my largest complaint is that my To Do list is every expanding and never shrinking. I have had to break my To Do lists into 'work' and 'not work' categories. The 'work' one gets done pretty quickly, but the other one...well...

I found out today that we have this amazing reference center (to be fair, I always knew it was there, I just never really utilized it). The project that I am currently working on needs me to research some information on new business. Not really knowing where to turn, I decided to call up the reference center since, well, it is their job to find that out -- right?

All I had to do was call them up, explain what I was working on and they set to work finding me articles, books, ANYTHING that I needed. When I asked where I had to go to pick it all up they informed me that they would deliver it right to my desk.

It was like a choir of angles was singing to me. Books delivered to my desk? Oh yes -- this is big stuff right here.

Yesterday was a meeting with the COO. He's pretty cool. Nothing much to discuss except I got to explain to him how awesome my job is.

However, that really isn't the reason I decided to make this post. In much larger and more pressing news I have finally found out my placement city (before I simply knew the region, now I know everything). I will be living in Miki.
...it's a rural farming community...
To be honest, I was completely aghast at this news. I did some research and found that the train is only a few minutes from my house and the two largest cities in Japan (save for Tokyo) are only an hour away. So really not that bad.

I will be teaching at two schools with almost twelve classes at one school (I don't know how many at the other, but my hope is that the answer is not twelve). My house (that's right -- MY HOUSE) has a new bathroom, new kitchen, a living room, guest room and main room.
Plus, word on the street is that rent is dirt cheap.

All in all, this seems to be pretty good. The students are very friendly and hoping that I will join some of their school clubs (here is hoping for an archery or fencing club).

The downside -- I must deliver a speech to the entire school and faculty on the first day of school.

In Japanese.

...

fucking shit...

EDIT: Campbell-Ewald -- we do charity for kids, then give our employees ice cream.

<3!

No comments: