Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bringing Sassy Back! Yes, I'm A freakin ADV Diva!

Embrace the sass people.  Because this girl has a lot to give!  

I am officially a PBFD in advertising...okay, so I'm just a new hire, but that is awesome and I will be a PBFD soon!  Just to recap my adv status...I'm the new assistant media planner for La-Z-Boy at RPA in Santa Monica.  

Let me tell you how I got here first. 

I left Florida on 5/17,  had job interviews the following weeks, HUNTED DOWN A DAMN APT for 1748764698764836873496r68e7r98e7r89658734698473809834 days and hated Phil 24/7.  You know that saying, "When it rains, it pours."  Apparently there was a rain cloud following me for 3 weeks giving me absolute hell.  THEN...June 6, 2008 rolls around and my phone blows up!  I get two job offers (RPA and Saatchi) and I FINALLY GOT AN APARTMENT from the evil realtor!!!! hoot! hoot!  After a weekend of thinking, I chose RPA and it was the best decision EVER!

First of all, I have the best team ever.  My sup is absolutely super cool, literally the kind of guy you chill at the bar with and talk about crazy weekends with, and the planner is the sweetest guy I've ever met!  The best first job situation anyone could dream of.  I have a huge desk, but I am away from my team.  Hopefully this distant situation will go away because of some accounts are moving to another building and my team will move near me.  (RPA is baller and needs more room because we are growing!)  Anywhoo, I'm situated next to the buyer, which basically puts me in the most entertaining location on the first floor.  The guy who sits behind me was dealing with someone who screwed up an order and he worked that conversation like the Incredible Hulk.  Then, he walks past my desk and asks if I have an office pal with the biggest grin.  Yes, he is awesome and he's my office idol.  Not to mention he has an awesome giant panda bear in his office.  We are now bffs.

Now to the sass and Divaliciousness of this post.  I'm sure you were wondering when it was coming in.  Well, let it be known that my status as a super sassy diva has already been established in the office.  Not really sure how because I feel like I'm holding back, but apparently I have a lot of "flavor!"  I can't complain because that is an awesome compliment in my books!  RPA has a photo booth by the front door and we have to take pictures to pass along to the rest of the agency as their way of introducing us to the 515+ employees.  We were allowed to use props and of course I brought in Albert to represent.  I had to retake my pictures because you couldn't see Albert's sexy face and you know that is not cool.  But the rest of my office crew saw the extra pictures and figured I was too diva for the first take. (That could be where the divaness assumptions started, but it was really because Albert was the focal point of my pictures.)

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I have a brand new Mac.  Yes, Sean...booyah!  My first media event is next Wednesday with TIME and Sports Illustrated.

Enough about work.  There will be more stories later.  Now I have to tell you about my sweet location.  I live in Santa Monica, about a mile from work, less than a mile to the beach and a few blocks from 3rd street promenade off of Wilshire.  

Work is perfect, home is gorgeous, life is great!  Now I just need my girls and my mommy and life would be complete!  Oh and a job in Italy.  Baby steps... ;)

1 comment:

Linny said...

HAHA! Oh Nancy, I'm amazed they can capture you sass with a mere photo booth.