Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Start spreading the word...

Oh my lovely Wizards...how I have missed thee! And, may I say that I feel honored to be an invited member of this blog. :)

I feel like I have a lot to say, but I need to start with this: I literally spent at about 30 minutes (maybe more) trying to figure out how to post a friggin' post! Seriously. I think I might be technologically ignorant, which will probably do me no good for the future....but that is neither here nor there...

What is here (New York that is) is ME! But, despite the excited and capitalized "ME!", this is not an exciting trip. I'm looking for a place to live...alone...broke...in New friggin York City. Talk about impossible. And, guess what? I have to find somewhere by Wednesday because I am leaving on Thursday morning and have to move for good next week. So, needless to say my excitement for my new job is being masked by the fact that I a m homeless and if/when I find a place to live, it will undoubtedly be super small and creepy (side note: while my search is been short, as I got to the city today, I have one word for the apartments I have seen so far: creepy. It's honestly the only word I can find to describe them. We all know that apartment here are super tiny and relatively gross, but I never suspected creepy would be the word I used to describe them....happy searching tomorrow.)

But, on a lighter note...I got a JOB!!!!!!! Most of you know this, but some of you may not and whatever, it's freakin' awesome! I'm working for Euro RSCG Life Chelsea (B2B healthcare, e.g. we advertise to doctors primarily). I'm the President's executive assistant, which is pretty cool. I start July 7, which is 2 weeks from today...so you can see the excitement/terror ahead of me.

Well, I guess enough rambling for now...I'll let you all know how the apartment search is going and then eventually how my first day/week of work went.

seriously and intensely sincere, skb

No comments: