Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Friday, June 20, 2008

War on Terror (and Photography)

Haha ok, funny story. Yesterday I'm walking home from the subway (bus was taking forever due to contstruction, fire trucks, ambulances, and who knows what else) and I come across a street that I feel like taking a picture of about a block from home. It's a gorgeous day, and the mix of the green trees and blue sky and sun on the side of a building is picture worthy. I want to send it to my parents because I'm sure when I tell them I'm living in Manhattan they would never expect an area like this. Well I try taking the picture a couple times, but I can't get the color right so that it picks up the sky. I'll upload the pictures, but they don't do the scene justice.

After a few tries, I get a tap on the shoulder. I turn around, expecting it to be Corwin, who I knew was out and about as well, and could very easily have been on his way back from the subway. Nope, it's a cop. Asks me what I'm doing, what I'm taking pictures of. I tell him I just moved here, I live around the block, and I'm taking pictures of the area to show my parents back home. He asks for my ID and all that fun stuff, goes and calls it in.

Ok, so, apparently, and he told me after I checked out to be ok, the spot I'm taking pictures of is a high profile terror target. An Israeli diplomat lives in this one building. They wanted to make sure I'm not planning anything because I looked kinda suspicious lol. I can't fault them for doing their jobs. I was just amused by it all, and wish I could have gotten a better picture. I didn't really feel like trying to take any more.

After writing down that he had talked to me about it and taking down my info (he had to say who he talked to since he called it in), I was on my way home, with him wishing me good luck in the city with my new job and hoping I don't hate the cold being that I'm from Florida. I just hope I can actually make it home for the holidays and don't end up on some terrorism watch list and no-fly list and stuff. Lol a terrorist with the last name Solomon. Ha!

No comments: