Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Sean and Nicole update!

Hi everyone!

I am excited to be considered a Wizard of Weimer lol. Its an honor just to be nominated. Well I am at work right now and it is really slow because my company believes in summer fridays. YAY. That basically means that in New York, people are soo happy its winter and people usually leave the city and take long weekends so a lot of the big companies have these summer fridays. Everyone does it differently. Sometimes everyone leaves at one or you get a half day or something. My company lets you switch off so work a full friday and then get one off. I am getting about 4 days off this summer that dont count from my vacation days so its GREAT.

I work for Sports Illustrated in the Kids and Teen department. My official title is "Sales Assistant" but basically I coordinate all of the ad sales accounts after they have been sold and work with edit and production to get our clients the positioning they want. I work with a Marketing team to brainstorm and create platforms for the sellers to sell and once its sold I work with Production and Edit to make sure the client is getting what they paid for.

I work with edit to try to figure out if they are going to be mentioning any products in any of our guides so we can go after that business. We have video game guides, back to school guides, the gotta get it guide for the holidays and more. I also work with the online people and the marketing people here to brainstorm how we are going to intergrate an entire marketing campaign for our clients.

We have our own web site and our users take surveys, so we have a lot of research accesible to us. These surveys really help our team we really know our readers. SI Kids compeitiros are Nick the magazine (Nickelodeon) and Boys Life and thats about it. We are pretty much our own niche and have the reputible brand name of Sports Illustrated to attract clients.

Some of our clients are Cartoon Network, Scholastic (for childern's books), Upper Deck, Milk, and toy and video game companies. One of the best parts of my job is that my building is literally RIGHT next door to Sean's. Well its to the left but whatev. We meet for lunch a lot and sit outside and its a really nice way to break up the day. Another great perk is that Sports Illustrated is part of Time and Life, thats the parent company, and I get TONS of free magazines, including PEOPLE and Entertainent Weekly and InStyle.

I am now all settled in my apartment. It is on the Upper East Side, about a 3 minute walk from Sean and Corwin's. I LOVE my apartment. All of my furniture came in and it looks just so cute. And the area we live in is great. Very safe always something going on lots of cute restaurants and bars, its great.

I am so excited to spend the summer in the city. If you can come out and visit you SHOULD. We are walking distance to central park, which is AWESOME. The Fourth of July in the city (weather pending) is out of this world. With the statue of Liberty as a back drop, you can't beat it. And all of the neighborhoods are so different that going downtown feels like you are taking a mini trip. I love Little Italy. They close off the streets and push the tables out in the streets so there is plenty of outside seating and everyone is happy because the food and wine are amazing. Broadway! I have got to go to a broadway show this summer and we have two baseball teams to choose from, I am going to go to games at both for sure, but I am definitely more of a mets fan. I met David WRIGHT my frist week of work. Google him. You will NOT be disappointed . Google Images. Trust me. And he was so down to earth and funny!!! You can all come to the wedding!

Well I guess that is all for me. O and Sean said hi because I told him I was going to write at lunch. and Liz had lunch with us too, she usually does, she is really sweet. We saw Sex and the City on Tuesday (No Sean obv) and it was soo good. I cant believe it was 2 and a half hours stil because I felt like I could of stll been watching it. Thats another cool thing about living in NYC, I recognize so many places from the movie and its like, I live here! I love it!!

Well ok now im done. I am really glad this thing exists so we can all keep in touch! Talk to you all soon, Nicole

No comments: