Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Delving deeper into Twitter...Hashtags

So I thought Twitter was fairly simple.  And it is.  However, I started looking around and discovered hashtags and twittgroups and livefeeds, oh my!  Will I have to learn an entire new vocabulary like I did for Facebook with Tagging and Pokes?!  

So here's how it works for those of you who are interested.  I'm going to use the Superbowl as my example.  Log onto Twitter and follow Hashtags.  They will automatically follow you back.  Now, whenever you tweet about anything related to Superbowl ads, type #superads09 somewhere in your message.  This is like "tagging" your message.  

Visit  hashtags.org and search for #superads09 to see a live feed of anyone's tweets that have been tagged #superads09. You can add this to your RSS feed as well.  Tons of ad blogs will be posting the entire #superads09 feed tomorrow during the game, and now you can be part of a massive conversation with the ad world in real time on the internet. 

Kind of cool, right?  There are a gajillion other tags for anything and everything you might be interested in discussing/following discussions about. Once I figure out Twittgroups, I'll let you know.  I'm still digesting...

No comments: