Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Taking on an OG

My newest ESPN magazine arrived in the mail this afternoon and Iwas really impressed with the cover. At first glance I thought there was a printing error and half of the cover was missing but that's what the people at Pepsi and Powerade's agency-of-record, Ammirati, want you to think. It's actually an ad that plays on the fact that Gatorade's "G" drink is missing some essential electrolytes and Powerade should be your first choice for post-athletic endeavor hydration. According to this AdAge article it's the first time ESPN has done this and personally it's the first time I think I've seen something like this done. As a UF alumnus I can't help but be biased towards Gatorade (though I'm pissed with the whole removing the "atorade" from the name thing) but I do think this idea is really effective, is just plain cool as hell AND it covers Manny Ramirez's ulgy mug.






Also right as I was about to post this I happened to see a friend of mine put this video on facebook and I just had to add it:

1 comment:

burchie said...

sweet! this campaign is so clever and is right on target...

they have billboards where half of the billboard in missing (the [photo is a gatorade bottle.. but you know, half) and the next billboard down the road is the ad for powerade. awesome!