Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bounce!

Hi Everyone!



I really am getting into a routine of reading this blog everyday (RSS Feed, sorry Sean and your analytics). If there is a morning when it hasn't been updated, I get sad. In all of my routine craziness, I totally forgot to contribute! So, here it goes.

I just got done having a fabulous week with a fellow wizard, Melissa (no i dont call her meldoug, I also call Lauren Lauren just deal with it). So a lot of her blog was my life too! She got a job in like 2.5 seconds. We laughed a lot. We love the new millenium. Good times. Thats what she said.

I know we are all really busy, but yesterday the Gators spot for Titletown USA was on sportscenter. I took the liberty of finding the link and posting it here. If you are in the mood to get the chills, watch it. If you are in New York surrounded by people that think Syracuse or some other crap team is like the sports mecca, show them it. Someone tried to tell me yesterday for like 5 minutes that Syracuse should be the titletown. "We always win in Lacrosse." O, OK. I am all for school spirit but COME ON. Or find the people that went to those small liberal arts schools that don't even know how intense college sports can be, find those people and show them this - http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3487364

Now for the real reason I am blogging. Bounce. I freakin LOVE Bounce. I pay the extra dollars for Bounce over the generic with a huge smile on my face. I pay extra to the little chinese woman at my local wash n fold for Bounce. LOVE IT. But I also have all of these alternative uses for it. So does my mom. I kinda thought we were the only ones. Then this article caught my eye yesterday, http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/news/agency/e3i5dab627a6e5e9f6721df0cf892520377?pn=2 , it is all about alternative uses consumers have for typical household products and whether these uses should be intergrated into their advertising. The article quotes a lot of brand managers that will never do this, it disrupts the integrity of the brand and so forth. But the folks at P & G that bring me my beloved Bounce decided they didn't want to be so "single minded." They took a risk, and have gotten a lot of attention for it. Digitas designed their new Web site, bounceeverywhere.com and I spent a good hour on it yesterday. I now have found EVEN MORE uses for my bounce sheets from other bounce lovers like myself and I am really excited. REALLY! Leo Burnett did a new TV spot and magazine ads and Bounce landed on the Today show (<3) in a spot about products with alternative uses. TWICE. Pretty good PR.


I really recommend checking out bounceeverywhere.com. It has a semi social network, comsumer involvement feel without ever losing the integrity and core of the brand. Really cool and unique product involvement. I wanted to share that with you all.
Also, as a part-time side job, I work Liberty and Knicks games at Madison Square Garden, where I intered last summer. Tomorrow I am working a Liberty game and it is MAC AND CHEESE NIGHT at MSG. I am really excited. I love mac and cheese and I really wanted to share that with you. It doesn't happen very often and I am really looking forward to it. That is all.

1 comment:

Jared and Alex said...

I love mac and cheese too. Here's an idea: Give me a top 5 list of the best places to get mac and cheese in New York City. I would love to read that.