Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Life and Politics


Well, it seems as though, I am slowly but surely joining the rest of you in the real world. Being the only Wizard without a job is kind of depressing. Don't get me wrong, it rocks to be at home, mom cooks or we go out to eat, I can go out whenever and come back whenever, play with my dogs, hang out with people and whatnot, but what I want is to work (becoming an adult, hah!). I'm so excited to be a part of the advertising world instead of looking in from the outside.

Okay enough of that....

So I got an apartment on Roosevelt Island, which lies between Manhattan and Queens (map). The complex is 4 high rise buildings, each with roof top deck, gym, doorman, and laundry in the building. It's kind of absurd. I move in the 1st and start work on the 4th.

So my job will be at PHD as an Interactive Assistant Media Planner on the Siemens and AIG accounts. The head on the Interactive team is from Florida (Jax) and her sister is a Gator! I still can't get over how many people I met in the city from Florida, one of the Realtors I talked to, people at PHD, guys at bars (Sarah!), etc.

On to politics.

We all know that whoever has the most popularity tends to win elections/ contests/ awards/ etc. (See www.c-k.com [Sorry Lauren] or even P&G/ BBDO's takeover at Cannes)

Anyway what I'm getting at is this great comic strip turn political call to action I found created by Sean Tevis, an Informational Architect in Kansas running for State Representative.

This is his story.

He's just about got what he needs to get his campaign going, a great example of grassroots, word of mouth viral campaign that has swept the Internet as he has garnered over 2,800 donors, although I am not sure when exactly it launched.

And I'll leave you with this...

No comments: