Well, we graduated from UF (The University of Florida) in 2008 (most of us, at least). After leaving the halls (or atrium) of Weimer Hall, we're off to work in advertising, all across the country! What we're up to, and what we're in to - you'll find it here! Check often to find out about the Wizards of Weimer!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

R-E-A-D-A-B-O-OKAYYYYYYY!

Wow, 2 posts in one day. I must have a lot to talk about. Let's see...

So I went in to work today and was greeted by an amusing little thing taped on my computer screen. I really liked it, so I thought I would share it with everyone else. Yesterday, a couple signs posted on the walls around the office announced the arrival of the BBDO Library, coming next week to the 6th floor stairwell. The signs said "Bring a book. Take a book. Bring back a book. Step and repeat." or something to that nature. So today I get in and this little guy was taped on my computer screen:



I found it amusing, but it didn't stop there. I proceeded to pull the card out:



So even though I'm sick and felt godawful today, this little guy was there to brighten my spirits at the very beginning of the day. And it was a very light work day, due to the fact that all the higherups are in Turkey right now, and all the projects my team is currently working on our pretty much out of our hands for the time being.

OH! And I'm no longer in that cubicle! I'm now in an office! Albeit a shared office, but it still feels cooler. My office mate is named Casey. She's pretty cool, though a couple different people warned me that she snores. There's an inflatable penguin in our office, and I asked if it had a name (it doesn't), so now I have the task of naming it. And my office is now Gator-iffic with all these different SI covers and stuff posted on the walls (thanks Nicole!). Best part of that - this one guy's a big Ohio State fan, and he walked by and saw it and was like oh hell no! So there's one little rivalry starting up. And I met a girl that went to FSU that had my dad, so its becoming a small world around there (and that started another fun little rivalry). AND I finally met the other Gator that works on Gillette, Nicole Minton. I think she graduated 04. She said she was a research assistant for Sutherland at one point. So yeah, the world just became even smaller.

I swear I had something else that I wanted to share with anyone, but I can't remember. I blame the antibiotics. Possible side effects: Confusion, Forgetfulness (not listed on the bottle, only listed in Physician's Desk Reference or some other insanely large book about meds my mom has...but it seems to happen to me sometimes when I'm on these)

No comments: